In 1909, the Old Fire Station had accommodated its first horse drawn "chemical wagon" and also a horse drawn Hook & Ladder wagon.
Having acquired two fine trucks in the late 1900's, the Old Fire Station has been altered somewhat in the front two entrances.
The most distinguishing features are its decorative brick work and granite detailing, mixed window shapes, especially the second floor semi-circular openings with granite sills and keystones, and mixed window sash.
[Previous: Corner Store] [Next: Polish American Club]
[Bellows Falls Historic District] [Map]