7) The Corner Store
The Corner Store [now housing George Leisey Photography, Peter Stolley Violins, and SoVerNet Internet Service Provider] is an example of an Italianate Revival Style Structure. This unadorned three story wood framed, clapboarded block resulted from the circa 1890 reconstruction of a much older (circa 1820) two story building on this sight. It is one of the few surviving clapboarded buildings in the central business district.
During the 1890's the building was occupied by a well-known resident named Patsy Baldasaro who ran a fruit and deli shop there for 15 years.
[Previous: Brown Block] [Next: Old Fire House]
[Bellows Falls Historic District] [Map]