19) Adams Grist Mill & Historical Museum
Built in 1831 by John Cary as a grain mill and feed store, it was powered by water drawn from the canal, which passed just to the west of the mill's present front entrance. Cary originally owned all of the water rights at the southern end of the canal. In 1875 the brick mill passed to the Adams family which owned it until operations ceased in 1961. Much of the mill's machinery is still intact, including both its hydraulic machinery and later electric power systems. The mill now contains the museum of the Bellows Falls Historical Society and is open to the public on a limited basis and by appointment.
[Previous: B&M Railroad Tunnel] [This concludes the tour.]
[Bellows Falls Historic District] [Map]